Specialized Spanish Instruction for Health care Professionals and Medical Students
Designed for Medical and Health Care students or professionals. Now a days, Spanish is becoming more and more needed in the health care field. The Medical Spanish and Volunteering program gives our students the opportunity to improve their Spanish language skills (High Beginner Level required for this program) while being totally immerse in the Honduran culture.
It is designed for Medical students, Physicians, Nurses, Assistants, Translators and General health workers looking for effective ways to communicate with their patients by experiencing the language right in real situations and being involved directly with Spanish speaking patients and local medical residents at the Public Hospital in La Ceiba, Honduran Red Cross, Emilia D’Cuire primary school for the disable and public clinics.
* In order to participate in this program student must have at least the High Beginner Level of the Spanish language.
* A certification letter from your medical school must be shown before starting your volunteer program as a requirement of the Public Health System of Honduras.
Cost of program: $275 (per week)
This program includes:
** 20 hours Spanish lessons on a one on one basis per week (Monday to Friday). Minimum stay is 2 weeks .
** Free wireless internet access around the center.
******Tuition only: $175 per week!
Registration fee: $100.00 non refundable in order to reserve your space of the program you choose to help.
Subjects-Activities to cover:
- Grammar structure, Conversation, Reading and Writing.
- Medical terminology.
- Diagnostic and treatment of tropical and common diseases in the area.
- Communication with patients and local medical resident students.
- Doctor/patient role-plays.
- Volunteering in the afternoons, 20 to 25 hours per week (Monday to Friday).
** Homestay with a local family, 7 days a week. Private room and bathroom.
Three meals per day included. Nice neighborhood and 15 minutes walk from School and Center City.
** Volunteering Program coordination and placement.
** Free internet access at school
** Grammar book and reading materials.
** Airport or bus transfer.
** Diploma and Letter of Participation issued by the Hospital or organization you Volunteer with.
* While most state licensing boards accept medical Spanish language courses toward continuing education requirements, we recommend that applicants check with their state board for specific requirements. Centro Internacional de Idiomas can assist you with the registration process.