What will I learn with C.I.I?
Centro Internacional de Idiomas Spanish program is divided into six different levels, from Basic to Upper Advanced. At each level you will learn Spanish within the contemporary cultural context, enjoying regular access to authentic Spanish interactions, visits to different sites, interchange with local students, and a full immersion Spanish language program by living with a host family in a private room and bathroom with 3 meals per day, 7 days a week. Our host families live in the same upper middle class neighbourhood where our school is located. C.I.I. Spanish teaches a standard Spanish vocabulary and Latin American Spanish grammar. Fun daily extracurricular activities!!
Centro Internacional de Idiomas Basic Level students will:
* Develop basic competence in oral and written comprehension and expression of the Spanish language, giving and responding to simple information that satisfies their immediate needs. Greetings, how to get around town, adjectives, sentence structure, pronouns, Interrogative words, start gaining vocabulary (We highly recommend to start with this simple theory before coming to school).
* Master both regular and irregular verbs in the present and progressive tenses.
* Learn vocabulary related to a range of different personal topics.
Centro Internacional de Idiomas Upper Basic Level students will:
* Handle everyday situations, understanding simple questions spoken at below-normal speed and giving opinions using basic vocabulary.
* Master both regular and irregular verbs in the present and basic past tenses.
* Learn vocabulary related to a range of different personal and social topics.
Centro Internacional de Idiomas Intermediate Level students will:
* Initiate, sustain and end simple conversations about different topics, including past experiences and future plans, understand the majority of questions and instructions spoken at below-normal speed, and read and write simple texts.
* Master both regular and irregular verbs in the complex past, conditional, future, imperative and present subjunctive tenses. Direct and Indirect object pronouns.
* Learn vocabulary related to a range of different personal, social and cultural topics.
Centro Internacional de Idiomas Upper Intermediate Level students will:
* Initiate, sustain and end complex conversations about a range of topics, understand the majority of questions and instructions spoken at near-normal speed, and read and write complex texts.
* Master both regular and irregular verbs in the complex past, future perfect, perfect tenses and subjunctive.
* Learn vocabulary related to your profession or career.
Centro Internacional de Idiomas Advanced Level students will:
* Speak Spanish with ease, understanding, initiating, sustaining and ending a wide variety of complex conversations at near-normal speed, using Spanish effectively in professional settings, debating the pros and cons of different topics and reading and writing about a wide range of topics with few mistakes
* Master the use of the subjunctive with the conditional, pluperfect and the passive voice.
* Learn further vocabulary related to a wide range of different current affairs and social and cultural topics.
Centro Internacional de Idiomas Upper Advanced Level students will:
* Develop a near-native level of competence in oral and written comprehension and expression of the Spanish language.
* Consolidate all the different Spanish tenses and complex grammatical constructions introduced in previous levels.
* Master the use of different Spanish idioms and colloquialisms in the Lain culture.
* Learn further the vocabulary you desire related to a wide range of different current affairs, as well as historical, social, cultural and topics of your preferences.
How quickly will I learn Spanish?
Obviously, the amount of time it takes you to learn Spanish depends on your particular learning ability and the effort you put in to your studies. However, you can expect to take between 40 and 60 hours to complete each level of our general Spanish program. Seeing as there are 6 levels, the full program should take you approximately 240 to 360 hours.
If you learn Spanish on a one on one basis just 4 hours a week and dedicate sufficient independent study time, you should reach near-native level within 2 to 4 months! Double your study time and you’ll learn Spanish in less than 3 months! Of course, if you already speak some Spanish, or only need to reach basic or intermediate level, you’ll reach your learning goals much faster.
Enjoy your Spanish Language Program at Centro Internacional de Idiomas!!Welcome to La Ceiba, Honduras!!
Accreditations and Quality seals of Centro Internacional de Idiomas, La Ceiba